There are tons of tips on getting that flawless skin. Regardless of age, having that flawless complexion is a must because our ideal version of ourselves is always one of that which is pleasing to our eyes and enviable to others. But that ideal vision makes us blind and often leads us to purchase expensive products that promise to deliver flawless skin when in fact it can be achieved for free (meaning without spending a single dime).
Flawless skin can only be achieved with dedication and unfaltering self-discipline. Because although nature can aid you attain perfect beauty, it’s your passion for achieving the perfect version of yourself that will make it a possibility.
- Get better sleep:
Sleeping seems natural, but it’s not for everyone. There are people blessed with the power to fall instantly asleep but for most working women, those who have plenty of worries to take before shut eye and those who are cursed with insomnia, this is an impossible feat. Through sleeping your body heals itself. It regenerates what a loss is. Sleeping is highly beneficial to skin health too. Cutting hours of it is tantamount to depriving your skin the chance to be flawless.
Counting sheep or blessings to help you sleep is a bit old fashioned. If it’s no longer effective here are new tricks to get better sleep.
- Stick to a schedule. Your body is nature’s Thus, it succumbs to its calling (peeing, pooping and sleeping). To get a better sleep, stick to your sleeping schedule. Sleep at 10 PM and wake up at 5 AM, every single day for two weeks. Eventually, you’ll notice that your body will get used to that pattern. Embrace it and doze off.
- Don’t sleep hungry. Don’t sleep stuffed. When you do it will be a great discomfort to your body, which will wake you up in the middle of the night.
- Manage your stress. Being busy at work is not an excuse to not get a better night sleep. Get yourself organized and you’ll soon find yourself and the bed best buddies.
- Use natural cleansers:
Cleanser is a must to get rid of the pollutants that stuck to your skin, which will ultimately cause breakouts or clogged pores, or even inflammation. But remember that as you cleanse, you must do so gently because if you use harsh chemicals it will also throw off the balance pH levels your skin requires. As a result, your skin will age faster.
Natural cleansers have the right pH levels that will keep the healthy balance of oil and acid that your skin needs. Here are the following:
- Honey and lemon. Use 2 tsp of honey with 1 tsp of lemon juice. Apply to your skin and leave on until dry. Rinse with warm water.
- Apple cider. Mix thoroughly one part apple cider with two parts water. Apply to your face with a cotton ball.
- Coconut oil. Apply coconut oil to your face and neck. Massage gently for 30 seconds. Cover your face with a warm towel to open pores. Do that for 35 seconds. Then pat the oil with a washcloth.
- Olive oil. For an effective night cream that Lightens darks spots and makes the skin smoother and clearer, mix ½ cup olive oil with ¼ cup vinegar, and ¼ cup water.
- Apply a small amount on your skin and massage it with your fingertips. Let it absorb for two minutes and rinse it with warm water and cloth.
- Eat natural anti-aging foods to nurture your skin:
Botox is not the only solution to keeping you looking as young as possible. Eat blueberry pies instead. While you’re at it, take a liking to its closest cousins too: strawberries, cranberries, and raspberries. Eat them. Drink their juice. Every single day. They have the same effects as Botox while you can also grow them in your backyard. They’re loaded with antioxidants; aging’s number one enemy.
- Avoid the sun like the plague:
Sunlight is only healthy from 6am to 7:30am. Beyond that, it can already break your skin or worse can cause melanoma.
- Massage the face:
It is as important as the anti-aging products you use. The benefits to a proper facial massage can be experienced if done so properly. Advantages are the following:
- Prevents or fixes the sagging. Massage with diagonal strokes upwards to tighten skin.
- Removes the puffiness. Light tapping motions stimulate the lymphatic system, which helps get rid of extra fluid sleeping under your facial skin.
- Gives you young, slender neck. Massage downwards to eliminate fluid build ups.
- Lifts eyebrows. Pinch along your brows.
- Eliminates eye bags. Stroke from inside the sockets outwards.
Linda Daniels @LindaDa78257508 is MA in English Literature. She is a long-time native from City, State, USA. She is a Holistic Skin Care Consultant, avid Beauty Blogger and public speaker. Her goal is to educate people about on various health conditions, diet, beauty and skin care tips, etc. She is a passionate writer and also contributing to ConsumerHealthDigest.com since 2011. Read more of her expertise on Facebook, Google+, StumbleUpon & Pinterest